Rhug is an award winning organic farm producing premium Organic Wholesale meat including Aberdeen Angus Beef, PGI staus Organic Welsh Lamb, Organic Salt Marsh Lamb, Organic Chicken and Wild Game. At Christmas time we produce award-winning Organic Turkeys and Organic Geese. We also supply Organic Pork and Wild Venison.
We are wholesale meat suppliers to the best restaurants, hotels, specialist retail outlets, and food manufacturing companies across the globe.
Rhug Estate, situated in the beautiful Dee valley in North Wales has been organic for 20 years. Rhug is unique because it is one of the few remaining true field-to-plate operations in the country, with stock being bred on the farm, fed on feed grown on the farm and finished on the farm.
They are slaughtered at a local abattoir on the edge of the Estate and then returned to our on-site state-of-the-art cutting plant. Meat primal’s are dry aged on the bone and cut to customer requirements by our highly skilled butchers.
Our knowledgeable team of butchers and sales staff provide the final step to ensure you have the best possible product delivered direct from the farm.
We deliver to London three times a week in a refrigerated van, and we offer UK wide mail order service.
We use only premium distributors for our exported meat, so wholesale customers can be assured of a seamless and high-quality experience from purchase to delivery. Currently we export to Hong Kong, Macau, Dubai Singapore and Croatia.
As a wholesaler, we work very closely with our customers and a member of the team is always on hand to support you. They have in-depth knowledge of how Rhug Organic Farm works and are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Farm tours can be arranged for wholesale customers interested in learning more about our produce.
Whether it is a wholesale enquiry or you simply want to find out more about the wholesale side of the business, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can do so by visiting out contact page and filling out the contact form, calling or emailing Jacqui or Sophie on 01490 413 000 / o[email protected] or pay us a visit and we will be happy to help.
Why buy Rhug Organic meat?
- 100% ORGANIC. Animals are reared on the farm, fed on feed grown on the farm and range out freely onto clover rich pasture that are free of sprays and artificial fertiliser.
- ON-SITE CUTTING PLANT. Rhug’s bespoke cutting plant includes a dry-ageing chamber with a Himalayan salt wall to improve flavour.
- THE HIGHEST ANIMAL WELFARE STANDARDS. At Rhug we practise the highest standards of animal welfare, we ensure that each animal has a stress-free lifestyle, with no routine injections or dosing. This results in the highest quality and healthy meat produced from happy animals.
- STRESS-FREE ANIMALS FOR HIGH QUALITY MEAT. A free-range lifestyle reduces stress in livestock, which is known to improve a higher quality meat product.
- APPROVED BY 20 MICHELIN-STARRED RESTAURANTS. Rhug organic meat is used and endorsed by the highest-rated restaurants and hotels with the most talented chefs across the world, including London, Singapore, Macau the UAE and beyond.
- BESPOKE CUSTOMER SERVICE. We get to know our customers as individuals and work with you to deliver seasonal and year-round produce to support your business needs and goals.
- SUSTAINABLE FARMING WITH RENEWABLE ENERGY. Rhug Estate uses its own geothermal, solar, hydroelectric and wind power to ensure a minimal carbon footprint and a truly sustainable approach to agriculture.
“Remarkable quality, great consistency and brilliant service which is why we are proud to use Rhug Estate at Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons”
Raymond Blanc OBE and Gary Jones
“For me, Rhug’s organic meat is as close as you can get to perfection. I could not imagine having a menu without their meat on.”
Uwe Opocensky, Executive Chef, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
“Working with Rhug Estates organic lamb is accomplishing ones desire to use the best of British produce in that it embodies all the properties of sustainability, quality, animal welfare and moral ethics. Café Spice Namaste and Mr Todiwala’s Kitchen are proud to be associated with Lord Newborough’s Rhug Estate Lamb”
Cyrus Todiwala OBE
‘Christmas lunch is one of the most important meals of the year, at the restaurant and at home I always want a Rhug Organic Goose/Turkey’
“From our team of shepherds and herdsmen to our butchers and sales staff, we are dedicated through years of experience to provide you the best quality meat to give your customers an unrivalled eating experience.”
Lord Newborough, Owner of Rhug Estate.